Thursday, March 19, 2015

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed.
Not with grief or worry.
Not with concern or doubt.
No.
I am overwhelmed
...with kindness.

The kindness of people.
That is what I see.
And hear.

For your kindness to us..
The way your words and messages make us feel utterly surrounded and held.
We are so thankful.

For the acts of kindness..
From far corners of the country we have had beautiful offers of a warm bed and a peaceful place to just be together.
Our little tribe.
Our little tribe feels connected and loved.

Yesterday we went to a shopping centre on the way to the Gold Coast. The boys and their cousin were purchasing something.  We were standing at the counter and the lady serving us said to the boys "No school today boys? "
I looked to the boys and felt myself tense,  ready to jump in and change the topic of conversation.
Krystopher looks at the women and says, "Our dads got terminal cancer. We are just spending time together."
Two sentences.
Honest.  Simple.
I looked at the women and she glanced up at me for a moment.. just a flicker of being momentarily taken aback.
And then she carried on that conversation.. with kindness. I stood back and listened.
Kindness.

People have offered what they can to make this load more bearable.
Pictures that will matter so much.
Trips to theme parks.
Messages of support and love.
Prayers.
The kindness of a prayer.

One day I hope to speak to you all.
To even just give you a hug.
And you'll know why.
It is because you have been so very very kind in the midst of some of our dark days.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment