Monday, April 1, 2013

What's the plan Stan???

We are on a road trip.
Me and my favourite human being are trekking nearly 2000 kilometres up the east coast of a truly spectacular nation.
In an effort to begin to find shreds of normality amongst the upheaved moments of the past couple of months (yes... It's all only been a couple of months), we are taking one of the cars up north.
And while we drive, we are trying to come up with a plan.
We have no plan.
We have no idea really.

But we are at that point where people are asking us "So what's the plan??"
It's an entirely valid question.
One we ask ourselves..

But...
We have no plan.
We have no idea.

Here's what we do have:
We have happy,settled boys.
We have a family sacrificing to keep them happy and settled.
We have furniture and belongings being housed across Newcastle.
We have a shoe eating, escape artist dog being loved by my buddy Mr. Joel.
We have an oncologist in Sydney, where we also have more family making life easier.
We have these tiny little chemotherapy tablets that could pave the way towards that miracle we long to see.
We have hope.
We have faith.

But..we don't have a plan.

The human race, we are a people of plans.
We love to plan.
We plan our day.
We plan our holidays.
We plan for plenty and plan for none.

I love to plan.
The very act of planning for an event is more appealing to me then the event itself. (Hang around me in the weeks leading up to my sons birthday party)

And suddenly we find ourselves smack bang in the middle of No Plan Land.
And suddenly I need to be ok with the actual inability to plan.

Truth can be found in the most unlikely of places. Mike Tyson (why hello unlikely place) says of plans: "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."
I had a plan.
2013 was all planned out.
Where I would go. ( yes, London. I'm talking about you.)
Where we would live.
What the days and weeks would look like.
It was our plan on how to keep living life like normal.
And then suddenly we got punched in the mouth.

So, there goes our plan.
Our forethought into 2013 went up in smoke.

But I'm ok with that.
I am.

We might not a have a plan.
But the God-of-the-angel-armies does.
He told me.
"Stress less sister..I got a plan!" That's the whispered message I got.

When my plans fall through.
When my plans turn to dust and ashes.
When what I wanted doesn't eventuate.
When we have no plan.
When we get punched in the mouth.

He's got a plan.
He truly, honestly does.



No comments:

Post a Comment