Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Birthday Present


Birthday day is here!
He's 43.

I asked him all week.. "What do you want for your birthday??"
What a question huh??!
What he wants is out of the realm of my capability.
I'm no miracle maker.

He told me to get the boys something.
He wanted them to open presents on this Sunday morning.

And so they did. 
Here it is. 
Present time....

A special letter from their dad was included in this present...






For my sons on my 43rd Birthday.
I want to talk about Time.
Time matters.
They say that men are given the gift if time.
That's true.

In my case the time I've had with my boys is short. I hope we have treasured it. Be thankful everyday that you have more time to appreciate and love the things that matter to you. 

For me- that has been you boys.
Time has been precious since I became your dad.
Time is one thing that you can never get back.
Once it's gone,it becomes our memories-make sure that you build great memories with your time.
When you boys grow up, make the most of your time.

Love your Dad.



Today, on his 43rd birthday, Sheldon gave his three sons a watch. And the reminder that time is precious. 


Time is precious.
And fleeting.
And today it belongs to our birthday boy.




4 comments:

  1. what a treasured memory made for each of you today. Happy 43rd Sheldon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a joy to see what a beautiful day you had. May there be many more blessings for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sheldon. You and your family are inspirational! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was mine too, Sheldon! I don't often find many on the same day so it's extra special :) Hope it was pain free and full of love.

    ReplyDelete