Tuesday, September 1, 2015

An understated update.

There are no profound ways to start this one. No deep and insightful words to convey where we are.
These days are tough.
Understatement... such an understatement.
But it's the best I can do.

I want to tell you how Sheldon is going.

Sheldon is the strongest and bravest person I know.
He rallied every ounce of strength and wellness to enjoy August.
The great pressing in helped. Operation birthday cards helped.  The kindness of loved ones and strangers helped... immensely.
He loved August. It was his birthday month made beautiful.
And here we are...
August is over.
Spring is here.
Sheldon has spent the two days of September in St. Catherine's palliative care ward.
He is extremely fatigued and experiencing such a disorientation..
The goal of everyday is to manage his pain and this foggy disorientation.
And the struggle is real.
I'm in awe of the medical team who are working with us to find that fine balance.
It's working today. He's asleep at the moment. And hopefully he'll wake up and have some good, lucid moments. 

I know you will be gracious and appreciate that I will update you when I can...

Thanks for the caring and the prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment