Saturday, March 16, 2013

Definite. Earnest. Resolved

Ok,so I'm sitting in the car park at Colour. It literally just finished and I wanted to share this thought.
Tonight Chris Caine tore it up. I mean, the girl can preach. And as I was listening to her talk about resolve I was encouraged to do just that: resolve.

I resolve to hold onto the promise of Jesus: that He would never leave me or forsake me. He's here, in the middle of the tests and the treatment and the searching.
I resolve to let the goodness of my God be ever on my lips- especially at this moment when things don't look so good. Things don't have to look good for me to know that I serve a God who is good.
I resolve to look to the moment of our miracle and not fear the time it takes to get there.

Something Chris said resonated deep within me.. Resolve is NOT the wishful thinking that we so often resort to.
I don't place my expectation in wishful thinking.
I don't rely on the pretend world of wishful thinking.

I resolve.
To resolve is to come to a definite and earnest decision about something.

When the trouble comes, when the towers begin to crumble, when the diagnosis isn't great, when the money disappears... Have you come to a definite and earnest decision about what your response looks like?

A definite
An earnest
Decision
Resolve

That sort of stance can face the toughest blows and withstand.
That sort of positioning can handle the toughest news and not totally fall apart.

That sort of definite and earnest decision means that regardless of the circumstance and the situation, I can say with definite and earnest confidence...with a resolved heart....that my God is in control. He cares. He is here. He catches my tears and He hears my cry.

Definite
Earnest
Resolved

Xoxoxo thanks girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment